Monday, September 6, 2010

Shed Reveal!

Those of you who have been following from the beginning know about the shed. I started my summer holidays thinking I'd get to work on it right away and it would be done.
Yeah right. Mosquitos, heat, and boredom meant that I just finished it today - 2 months later. I swore it would be done before I went back to work. Although, I'm technically back, the students don't arrive until tomorrow so I figure that counts:)
All the men in my life say what a great shed it is - with a cement foundation and electricity! For me, it's a place to put bikes and gardening supplies... and occassionally storage for people other than me :). Oh well!
The goal was low budget and at least that worked out. I wasn't replacing anything, just painting. So, although I bought more paint than anticipated, the whole project was under $150.
Here it is before.

What a sad little eyesore. I almost feel sorry for it.


After it was powerwashed and scraped.

Did I mention scraping is the worst job on the planet? It looks even worse...

Here it is after a coat of primer.

Okay, priming stinks too. Literally.

And here it is completed.





I do find it a bit dark but I wanted the reverse of the house (white with grey trim). The black door is so large that it's a bit imposing but it's staying for now.. see how I feel next summer! Stephane made up some window boxes with some leftover wood in no time. I guess I'll have to wait until next summer to see some bright, colorful flowers in there!

I think Beaufort likes it!

Or, maybe he's not sure.


What do you think? Not bad for under $150 bucks and a pain in the neck!

10 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and love following all the re-dos!!
    The shed looks amazing and I just had to comment to say in the winter, fill the flower boxes with some pine or boxwood greenery to give it a winter/Xmas finish.
    Enjoy your students and the school year!

    Cheers,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so much better! Great Job!

    Sue
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just discovered you today, and have spent some time reading your old posts. Any chance you can check and see about my receiving post updates via e-mail? I could become a follower, but really would prefer getting my updates automatically via e-mail. Could you make that happen please? I'd LOVE it! Thanks. dmj53(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, this shed looks cute enough to live in! Great job Jane!
    rae

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your "new" shed. That's a great idea to do the reverse painting of the house:) It looks like you have a great backyard too- so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks great, Jane!! haha, and Beaufort LOVES it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. From sad to fab! I'm sure that will add to your property value too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is inspiring me to give our little garage a facelift. Color can do so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its so much neater now. Don't you just beam when you look at it?giggle.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)